Alnwick Castle, the Northumberland Coast & the Borders
Your tour begins by following the road that connected Caledonia with Roman Britannia.
You stop in Kelso, where you can explore this handsome town and what is thought to be Scotland’s largest market square. You also see the ruins of Kelso Abbey, a reminder of the many ancient conflicts between Scotland and England.
Continuing South, you cross the border and travel to Alnwick Castle, an immense fortification that has stood strong for nearly a millennium.
It was originally built to assert Norman rule over newly conquered lands. But more recently Alnwick Castle and its perfectly manicured gardens have found fame as one of the settings for the fictional Hogwarts school in the Harry Potter movie series.
Book lovers should take the opportunity to explore one of the largest and most impressive second-hand book shops in Britain.
After around three hours at Alnwick, you travel north along the Northumberland Coast, one of the UK’s most outstanding areas of natural beauty. You stop along the way to admire some of the area’s best known beaches, castles, and ancient Border towns.
Maximum of 6 people per booking.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
• Small-group tour
• Transport by air-conditioned minivan
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Minimum age is 5 years
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Our mini-coaches are not wheelchair accessible however we have large luggage compartments which will easily take a folding wheelchair or walking frame. Our staff are not able to offer physical assistance when boarding or disembarking from the mini-coaches or at any point during the tour. Guests should be comfortable getting on and off the mini-coach on their own or with the assistance of a traveling companion.
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Personal food and drink allowed
• A maximum of 6 people per booking
• Entrance fees
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Gratuities (optional)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off